Thursday, December 13, 2012

Five Reasons to Hate the South Carolina Gamecocks

2009 Outback Bowl
 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Every Wolverine fan can rattle off an endless list of reasons why we hate the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Michigan State Spartans, but I don't think the same could be said for the South Carolina Gamecocks. With the Outback Bowl in the near future, there is no better time than the present to start making a list of reasons why everyone should hate Michigan's bowl game opponent so here are my top five reasons why I hate the Gamecocks!

  1. Their school colors. South Carolina’s school colors are garnet and black. I know my rant has just begun, but I’ll pause so everyone can look up what garnet looks like because nobody actually knows what color that is? Now that we've all educated ourselves on garnet, we can move on. Garnet is basically burgundy so both of their school colors are dark which is dumb. 
  2. They live in South Carolina. Yes, players are recruited from all across the country, but during the school year, the players live in South Carolina where it is warm year round - at least compared to Michigan - and rarely snows. People in Michigan may be used to the cold, but that doesn't mean we don’t dislike it and despise everyone that lives in warmer climates. 
  3. Their mascot. First of all, I'm bitter because I wish Michigan had a mascot. Second, they seriously couldn't come up with anything better than Cocky? To all the students yelling "Go Cocks" and then giggling at football games, you're hilarious and very mature. Don't get me started on what I think about the 'We Love Our Cocks' shirts! I bet parents love explaining why that shirt is so funny.
  4. Their school abbreviation. YOU ARE NOT USC. University of Southern California is USC so how do you shorten University of South Carolina? You don’t and that is annoying. 
  5. They’re in the SEC. I don’t feel the need to explain myself here.

Guest post by Brandon Parks from Wolverine Planet, an online store that carries Michigan apparel for men, women, and kids as well as Michigan merchandise for your home, office and car!

Related articles

No comments:

Post a Comment