Monday, January 28, 2013

Michigan is Back on Top


Everyone seems to think 13 is an unlucky number, but I don’t think the Michigan Wolverines would agree. Michigan has been highly ranked in the AP Top 25 Poll since Preseason, but never broke the No. 2 spot until lucky Week 13. Michigan finally captured the No. 1 ranking which they haven’t done since 1992!

The top ranking is very exciting for the Wolverines, yet frightening at the same time. The No. 1 team doesn’t always hold their position very long, especially in recent weeks! Michigan hosts Northwestern on Wednesday which shouldn’t be a problem, but they do have a tough road game against No. 3 Indiana on Saturday that might knock them down. As much as I would like Michigan to walk away with the ‘W’ and stay on top of the AP Top 25 Poll, I know it is going to be difficult at Assembly Hall. Win or lose, the game will be very competitive and who isn’t a fan of that?

I wanted to celebrate Michigan’s No. 1 ranking, even if it is short lived, so I decided to get myself a new Michigan t-shirt. It’s awesome so I wanted to share it with you guys and for any of you who didn’t know where the title of my blog, Champions of the West, came from, now you do! 



No comments:

Post a Comment